Did you know that January is National Soup Month? We at Intown Doula love soup and all the benefits that come along with it. Whether you prefer to sip, slurp, or spoon it, is up to you! We want to share with you some of Intown Doula's favorite recipes. Make them at home for your family or have a dinner party that features a bowl of warm, delicious happiness.
Who better to share a recipe this week than one of our own mom's? Meet Bunny, MMT's mom who has declared this soup THE BEST! We can't argue...This recipe is so perfect for a cold winter's day.
Bunny’s Favorite Soup
4 tablespoons grass-fed butter
1 cup onion, finely diced
1 cup carrot, finely diced
2 stalks celery w/leaves, finely diced
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 teaspoon dried oregano
1/4 teaspoon sea salt
1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
4 tablespoons flour
4 cups organic chicken/veggie/bone broth
2 (14.5 oz.) cans diced tomatoes
1 cup heavy cream (sub half and half or whole milk for a lower calorie option)
1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
Celery leaves & fresh parm, for garnish
1. Melt butter in a large stock pot on medium heat.
2. Add onion, carrot, celery, garlic, oregano, salt, & pepper. Sautee for about five minutes or until tender. Add flour, mix, and cook another minute or so.
3. Whisk in broth. Add tomatoes and cream.
4. Use an immersion blender for just a quick second to get a velvety mouthfeel.
5. Stir in parmesan cheese.
6. Serve with a celery leaf and parmesan sprinkle.
**Disclaimer: No bunnies were harmed in the making of this soup :) **
Check back next week for another soup recipe from Intown Doula and don't forget to join in the soup party! Follow us on Instagram and hashtag #bestsoupINTOWN to share your favorite recipes and show off your own versions of Bunny's favorite soup!